Saturday 28 June 2008

Scrabulous vs Scrabble

Five reasons I like Scrabulous more than Scrabble.

- I can check the official word list quickly and easily. This levels the playing field a bit when a beginner like me who was never very good with spelling is playing old pros like my sister

- I don't need to do the arithmetic to work out how much a word is worth

- I can play with family and friends who live on different continents

- I can complete games with my wife. We almost never have blocks of time big enough for a whole game. Leaving the board in place is not an option in a house with two kids

- I can make a move between meetings to break up a work day

3 comments:

Greg said...

Also only one click away from sites like scrabble solver which helps when completely stuck. Agree completely BTW. It's the only add-in collaborative app on Facebook I've ever used much. Not that I'm very good as my stats will show!

Prithvi Chandrasekhar said...

Good tip. I'd never heard of Scrabble solver till just now

Anonymous said...

Just had my first game of scrabulous there. Was pretty cool, and I agree with the points you mentioned.
@prithvi - theres tonnes of sites out there, like the one on my name.